Sunday, April 27, 2008

Low-Carb Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup




We had a great Sunday breakfast this morning!!! I got this recipe from Blaine's Low Carb Kitchen. My husband ask for these this morning with a "please......" , so I had to make them for my baby. hehe




Pancakes:
1 cup soy Flour
1/4 cup wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp splenda
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup half and half (I only use about a cup to a cup and a 4th)
3 tbsp canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Syrup: (I did not have any berries so we just used low carb syrup this time)
1 cup blackberries
1-2 tsp butter
1/4 cup low carb syrup



Pancake Preparation:
Beat oil, eggs, vanilla extract and half and half in a large bowl with a wire whip. Sift in dry ingredients and beat batter until smooth. Don't worry about over-mixing. Preheat large frying pan over medium heat. Spray pan liberally with cooking spray. Spoon batter into pan making sure pancakes don't touch. Flip pancake when bubbles start to form on top. Cook about 2 minutes each side.


Syrup Preparation:
Heat blackberries and butter over low heat. Mash berries with back of spoon. Add low-carb syrup and warm.


The recipe makes 8 pancakes when I make it. there are approximately 2.5 net carbs per pancake.


No comments: